Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Movie Review from the "Russian-Jugde" Nollaf: The Rocker

Hello again you hideous fools, tis' me Nollaf again for the approximately fortieth time. Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that I have no life at all. You'll just have to shake your head at me in vane. Well I am ranting live from the local 3rd and B Teen Center! A big utterly sarcastic whoop is called for indeed...good god, the two tracks of heavy metal playing at once at full blast at the same time is enough to deafen one for all of eternity, no? But, anyhow even I have to get out of the house at times and socialize with my peers. Believe it or not, there are a select few adolescents who do not drive me insane with their mindless and quite shallow gibbering. Anyhow, enough introduction on with the movie review.

Last night, I viewed a modern film known as The Rocker. Released in approximently...hmm...2007 or 2008 I be live it was. I am not certain on the release date and I am far too apathetic to put in the effort to look up said release date. Well, I was fairly disappointed. I could get a better laugh by viewing clips of people getting injured on YouTube for free. I'm a sadist so SUE ME! The plot synopsis centers around the story of an out of work, "has-been" drummer known as "Fish" who used to be a rather zealous member of a band known as Vesuvius. However, in the opening sequence they ditch him and move on towards fame and glory. 20 years later he is an unemployed middle-aged man with an infernal grudge against his former comrades of er...(I believe the appropriate modern term among said sub-culter is) "rock". However, after joining a high school band (one of the members is a morbidly obese nerdy adolescent who is his nephew), he becomes an Internet legend due to a mishap evolving a digital practice session and Fish being nude. Well the band gets a tour because of the mishap.

Long story short, outside of that there really is no actual plot line. It's like a really bad form of fictional biography. No plot, no real character development. Most of the humor is just toilet humor (however some of the more witty jokes made me laugh), but most of the laughs you could get from a jack-ass episode. Overall I give it 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment