Sunday, August 2, 2009

Harry Potter Review and Contamplating Geometeric Paradoxes

This is purely targeted for Mick West...well, I have defied the laws of physics themselves...I tessellated regular tetrahedrons...of course I used 3-D images but IT WORKS YOU CAN TELLESATE THEM!!! I spent the last few hours contemplating it, you just have to have the sides pressing against one another perfectly to form the paradox. (Bursts into insane laughter) Most of you probably don't even know what tessellating is...ah well, look it up but I did it. I even drew it out without making my head explode, though I may be insane now.

Now, a movie review: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince.

I was fairly disappointed with this film. The acting was good, but the editing was god awful as well was the design of various creatures. Specifically the Inferni, they had so much potently to be horrific ghouls of malice and spite...but the special effects department apparently liked Peter Jackson's interpretation of the Lord of the Rings so much that they utterly ripped off Gollum. It was really bad. Not to mention they spent way to much time with the teen age love story, they should have focused more on the corruption of the Ministry of Magic like they did in the book and actually show the new minster and add that into the plot. Many interesting aspects of the Death Eaters and the Ministry was utterly replaced by whining and a god awful love story. I would give it 2 stars, but the role of Belatrix Lestrange played by Helena Bonham-Carter (OK, she's my celeberty crush...sew me...at least it isn't Megan Fox.) boosted it up to 2 1/2 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Top tip - if you think you've defied the laws of physics, you usually haven't :)

    You are in good company though, Aristotle also claimed (in 'On the Heavens', 350BC) you can solidly tesselate space with regular tetrahedrons.

    Unfortunately, as with many interesting pastimes, like trisecting an angle or squaring a circle, proof exists that it can't be done.

    ReplyDelete