Saturday, May 30, 2009

Movie Review: The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hello, tis me Dark Lord Nollaf. Yes, I have changed my title to Dark Lord Nollaf. Suck it up all you Sauron wannabes. Anyways, recently I have been looking over my old DVD collection and I have desided to have a new feature into my blog: Satarday Night Movie Reviews. Because all you fellow pimply virgins have nothing better to do than to listen to my endless rants agianst mankind. Well, sense I lack a girlfriend and I don't like going outside that much (meh, the light burns Nollaf, IT BURNS!) I really can't think of a better use of my time. Anyways, enjoy my review.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings

Naturally I am a hardcore Tolkein fan, it is a prerequist amongst us geeks to know your Tolkien Lore along with Star Terk trivia. So, overall the movie dose justice to the book. It has all the main aspects of it, The Mines of Moria, the heartqueching Breaking of the Fellowship sequence, Bilbo's 111th Birthday Party and much much more. The casting was great and the whole desing of Middle-Earth was done by two aristis, Allan Lee and John How. Quite famous artists, howevers there is one downside to this film THEY LEFT OUT TOM BOMBIDILL!!!! Yah, that and the Old Forest and the Barrow Downs. But overall the acting is great (Ian M. as Gandalf...woot), the soundtrack (composed and arranged by Howard Shore) along with the script and special effects were all great!

I give this flim a...(drum roll)...4/5 but the extended version (only released on DVD) a 5/5.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new movie review concept.

    I see you're not really into photos, or links (that don't have to do with music?) That may be good to have in the future. Just so the reader can click on what you're talking about (to learn more.) Just my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new movie review concept.

    I see you're not really into photos, or links (that don't have to do with music?) That may be good to have in the future. Just so the reader can click on what you're talking about (to learn more.) Just my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete