Saturday, June 13, 2009

Video Game Soundtrack Review: Shadow of the Colossus

Well, I've been searching through my old video game library and I found an old classic. No doubt all you Ico fans will recognize this title, Shadow of the Colossus. Yes, this unconventional action/adventure game has I really good musical score. It's mellow at times, with gentle cellos echoing with a haunting choir and a single flute swaying in the mist of the final battle (Demise of the Ritual~ Battle with the Colossus) . This score is almost as epic as the Lord of the Rings, possably more so. However, the good music only plays when you do battle with one of the sixteen earthly walking mountains throughout the game. I give this music a 5/5.

Here are some samples

Slience~ Battle with the Colossus


Grotesque Figures~ Battle withe the Colossus

A Despair Filled Farwell~ Battle with the Colossus


The Opened Way ~ Battle with the Colossus

No comments:

Post a Comment